Directions for applying Serene By Nature topical cream:
Keep out of direct sun. Store in moderate temperatures.
**Measuring spoon provided equals approximately a 1/4 tsp. **
For cycling mares use 2 spoons a day. For non-cycling equines use 1 a day. For pregnant mares use 4-6 a day.
- Always wear gloves when applying Serene by Nature topical cream.
- Begin the cream the first day after estrus has ended, when the mare has just finished being in season/heat.
- Apply approximately a 1/2 tsp (1/4 tsp provided with order) to bare skin between and behind back legs, underside of tail, or muzzle area.
- Rotate application sites. See diagram below.
- Apply at least once a day, though splitting the dosage and applying a 1/4 tsp twice a day is ideal.
- Apply for 15 consecutive days.
- Followed by 6 consecutive days of no cream applications, typically mare will be in estrous/season*.
- Application is easy, pain-free, and will not cause your mare any discomfort.
15 Days On and 6 Days Off
For non-cycling mares, geldings and stallions:
- Apply approximately a 1/4 teaspoon once a day for 25 days each month. (Measuring spoon provided equals 1/4 tsp.)
- Take about a 5 day break each month. If your horse experiences negative behavior during non-usage, resume daily applications.
For breeding and pregnant mares:
- Apply approximately 1-2 teaspoons a day, as needed (When using our provided spoon use 4-6 per day). Splitting the dosage and applying twice a day is ideal and suggested. (Measuring spoon provided equals 1/4 tsp.)
ALWAYS WEAR GLOVES FOR APPLICATION
One daily dose of Serene by Nature topical cream is a heaping 1/2 teaspoon of cream. For best results apply approximately 1/4 teaspoon two times a day to bare skin. (Spoon included with order is a 1/4 tsp.) When not possible, one application of 1/2 teaspoon once a day is acceptable. Apply to areas where there is little hair such as between back legs *Diagram #1, up to the dock of the tail *Diagram #2, as well as the underside of the tail itself *Diagram #3. The cream can also be applied to the muzzle area. Rotate application sites so as not to saturate any one area. Apply for 15 consecutive days.
Wear gloves to apply cream. If you get any cream on yourself, simply wash it off. There are no known health concerns or risks, but the dosage is for horses, not humans, and therefor should be immediately washed off.
Included with each order is a small plastic 1/4 teaspoon. Using included spoon apply 2 heaping spoonfuls for single daily application. If dividing into two applications per day, use a 1 heaping spoon for each application. Measurement does not have to be exact.
If a mare has not been having estrus, the cream can be started anytime. If an owner does not know when the last estrus was, they can either wait for the next estrus or they can start on the cream any day and stay on it for 15 days.
Should a mare begin her estrus midway through the 15 day cycle, the cream can be stopped and started again 6 days later. The more cycles in a row that a mare is on the cream, the more balanced and regular she is likely to become.
*Not all mares will come into estrus during the 6 days off the cream.
For additional assistance you can email us and we will be happy to help you achieve the results you and your horse deserve and desire.
Disclaimer: Serene by Nature, nor any third party associated with, related to, or linked to their businesses or websites, expressly disclaims any responsibility for, and makes no representations or warranties regarding, any statement, information, materials, or content found on or included in Serene by Nature’s marketing materials/websites, or any third party marketing materials/websites related to, associated with or linked to Serene by Nature’s business or website. Serene by Nature is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, prevent any disease or replace proper medical care. These statements have not yet been approved by the FDA.